The wife wasn't using our older computer for her photo editing. Our new computer came with Vista on it and had a pretty cool program called Media Center. It also came with a remote control and receiver for it. I played around with Media Center and liked the idea of having all our media accessible through one interface in our front room.
1. Our music collection, we could put all our Cd's in a box in the garage (free up space) and have an easy way to load music on our Mp3 players. (more on that later).
2. Our movie collection, all our classic & kids movies can be stored on the HDD.
3. Watch and record TV
4. Play CD's, DVD's and Blu-Ray disks.(with Dolby Digital sound)
5. Internet access on the big screen: Google Earth, Vacation planning, group game play like "You Don't Know Jack" without being huddled around a keyboard, and high qaulity internet media. Allot of TV shows are accessable online with as good or better quality than Standard Definition TV.
6. Internet Radio: We don't get radio stations at the house because we're behind the mountain, and I'm not putting a big antena on the roof. All our favorites are accessable online.
7.Photos, slide shows
Not that We needed any of this stuff, but it's cool! It would give me something to build that could be useful and keep me out of trouble. The biggest challange was going to be making it as user friendly as possible and have only one remote. If you're going to spend money on a toy, you have to show the spouse how wonderful, useful and important this toy is.
The next thing I did was clean out the old computer and installed XP with Media Center 2005. This computer barely met the minimum requirements, but it worked.
So after doing months of research this is what I came up with:
First I had to choose a case.
No comments:
Post a Comment